UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Sep 2021, 9:54 am   #1
caledonian01
Diode

Default Amstrad TS99.

HI GUYS nice to be back with another question , my amstrad tower is now fully working ,however it has no input provision , i want to use my old CD player with it , i thought of using an fm transmitter as used in cars to get the signal picked up by the radio , but am i missing a trick ?i guess my sugar wasnt thinking of this when he manufactured it
Old 16th Sep 2021, 9:58 am   #2
Records
Hexode

Default Re: amstrad ts99

If it has a cassette deck why not use a cassette adaptor to plug the CD player in, or you could use an FM modulator as you say, somebody here can probably tell you how to add an input bus that's more involved.
Old 16th Sep 2021, 10:08 am   #3
duncanlowe
Nonode

Default Re: Amstrad TS99.

The cassette adaptors are cheap enough, but the quality of the sound is pretty bad in my experience.
Old 16th Sep 2021, 10:16 am   #4
Records
Hexode

then its either fm modulator or someone tells him how to add an input, no disrespect to the op but Amstrad stereos where not great at the best of times
Old 17th Sep 2021, 12:17 am   #5
jamesperrett
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanlowe View Post
The cassette adaptors are cheap enough, but the quality of the sound is pretty bad in my experience.
If you can find a Panasonic one then it should be reasonably good. I had one included with a portable CD player which sounded great through a good car system (using the original B&W LM1 speakers). Before that I had one from Tandy which sounded terrible.
Old 17th Sep 2021, 9:16 am   #6
caledonian01
Diode

hi guys thanks for the suggestions , i know the amstrad tower 99 isnt the best , its nostalgia , it was the first thing i bough once i started working , so i like it , the cassette adaptor is one i didnt think of thanks , but il go with the fm transmitter idea , many thanks.
Old 17th Sep 2021, 12:56 pm   #7
Beobloke
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Records View Post
then its either fm modulator or someone tells him how to add an input, no disrespect to the op but Amstrad stereos where not great at the best of times
It's all relative. As the owner of a humble TS56 in my youth, I was seriously jealous of my friend's TS99!!
Closed Thread