UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Sep 2006, 9:59 pm   #21
yestertech
Nonode

Default Re: output valve choice

The Mazda 6P28 should be readily available, and cheap ! - It was a TV line valve but it has a 6v heater - looks quite good and has a top cap - A friend of mine years ago built an audio amp with one - sounded quite good if I recall - If I Haven't binned mine you're more than welcome to them both - There's probably a pic on the web somewhere, ..... Andy
Old 21st Sep 2006, 10:55 pm   #22
Tim
Dekatron

I would go with the 12E1. They are impressive enough NOT lit!!

http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aad0244.htm

I have some peculiar ex GPO output valves with a British 7 pin base and 5 volt heater. The CV number slips my mind for the moment but ISTR the anode current is 40-50 mA. They are about the size of EL33s. Let me know if you want a couple. I will supply more data if need be. (I have a feeling the comercial number is A819 or something similar.) I don't think I'll be using them for anything soon!
Old 27th Sep 2006, 1:54 am   #23
Tim
Dekatron

UPDATE.
CV1722/A901. 5 volt heater power tetrode.