UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Jan 2019, 5:45 pm   #1
Ryan_1993
Hexode

Default Beocord 5000 DIT

Well my Beocord 5000 arrived, unfortunately it was DIT. Lid mechanism won't stay up properly and the cassette mechanism has slightly shifted it doesn't engage when pressing the buttons and it sounds like a lot of things are rattling about inside it.

What a shame, but I suppose now it's a contender for the Tapeless Project. I'm going to make it into a music server of sorts and the good thing is I can keep the item and be refunded for it too.
Old 31st Jan 2019, 7:11 pm   #2
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Beocord 5000 DIT

That’s a shame, at least they are refunding you. Still be worth opening it up and see if it can be salvaged with a bit of superglue and patience!

Regards
Lloyd
Old 31st Jan 2019, 7:19 pm   #3
Ryan_1993
Hexode

Default Re: Beocord 5000 DIT

Been told by the B&O expert on here they aren't worth fixing if they go wrong. He refuses to repair them if any coming his way so I'm definitely not going to bother.
Closed Thread