UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2023, 5:15 pm   #1
The Finisher
Triode

Default Braun station T1000CD Radio

Hi guys,
Just picked this up from a local auction, my intention is to restore it at least cosmetically as it has a few dings .
It appears to have been converted as it now has a Bulgin type plug in the back and rechargeable batteries inside ( Ever Ready ! ) and this this actually works.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry! I somehow got the model wrong
T1000CD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BDED002B-9922-41FD-9803-9B3D2AE1741D.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	278474   Click image for larger version

Name:	54E28103-2C63-4EA4-BC79-11949616FAC8.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	278475   Click image for larger version

Name:	8376C406-DB56-448A-A569-646C16C13623.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	278476  

Last edited by The Finisher; 19th May 2023 at 5:21 pm.
Old 19th May 2023, 5:35 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Braun station T1000CD Radio

Title fixed.

David
Old 19th May 2023, 5:41 pm   #3
The Finisher
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
Title fixed.

David
Thanks David , I’m a muppet
Old 19th May 2023, 10:49 pm   #4
Radio Wrangler

We all do it, and worse sometimes!

Forum software makes it difficult to edit titles and Murphy's law fully understands this.

Because changing titles when there are multiple replies etc can cause great confusion, title editing and editing after about 30 minutes is moderator only. It's too easy to get things out of sequence with posts referring to each other in a bizarre web. So if you need a late edit or a title twiddling, any of us are happy to help. Just click the little triangular exclamation mark hazard sign at the bottom left of any post and let us know what's wrong.

Nice radio, by the way!

David
Old 20th May 2023, 10:19 am   #5
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Perhaps there's not much experience of these on the forum - they seem to have had little or no UK distribution, and prices lately around £500+ are enough to put off most folk as with other Dieter Rams-designed Braun radios. I have one, with a couple of minor niggles I've been meaning to investigate but haven't yet: a crackly-to-intermittent volume control and physically rough tuning, as though there's a rubber wheel involved that's developed a flat in the way a pinch roller can if left pressed against its drive spindle. I expect the original mains unit was an optional extra, many sets including mine are without it.

Paul
Old 20th May 2023, 11:10 am   #6
The Finisher
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_RK View Post
Perhaps there's not much experience of these on the forum - they seem to have had little or no UK distribution, and prices lately around £500+ are enough to put off most folk as with other Dieter Rams-designed Braun radios. I have one, with a couple of minor niggles I've been meaning to investigate but haven't yet: a crackly-to-intermittent volume control and physically rough tuning, as though there's a rubber wheel involved that's developed a flat in the way a pinch roller can if left pressed against its drive spindle. I expect the original mains unit was an optional extra, many sets including mine are without it.

Paul
Thanks Paul,
I’ve now given it a thorough clean and it’s up and running and to my surprise the Ever Ready rechargeable batteries are still holding their charge.

Regards
Andy

Last edited by paulsherwin; 20th May 2023 at 1:32 pm. Reason: To comply with forum rules
Old 22nd May 2023, 3:04 pm   #7
Ferguson 2000
Tetrode

Dear Andy,

I overhauled one of these 10 or 15 years ago, a very high quality radio and much sought after by members of the industrial design community.

Details of the designer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieter_Rams

73, Geoffrey.

PS One of the accessories was a Direction Finding attachment, how anyone got one?
Old 27th May 2023, 8:00 pm   #8
The Finisher
Triode

Thanks Geoffrey
Closed Thread