UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Apr 2023, 1:29 pm   #21
G4BZI Roger
Pentode

Default Re: CR100 receiver coaxial connector

Apologies for piggybacking on this thread, but these seem to be the same as fitted to my Radiovision Hambander receiver - see thread 198465.
If anyone has one surplus I'd be interested!
Thanks,
Roger
G4BZI
Old 10th Apr 2023, 5:12 pm   #22
trh01uk
Octode

Roger,

I don't think the plugs I sent Andrew will fit your Radiovision set, because the dimensions are wrong. Compare those I gave for the plug in post #13 with your 11/3.5mm dims.

Richard
Old 7th Jun 2023, 12:25 pm   #23
Andrew Sinclair
Pentode

I have used Richard's connectors to make up plugs cables for my CR150. I turned up some parts from scrap aluminum to make them fit RG58 cable. One connector is a shorting plug as the CR150 has a balanced aerial input on two coaxial connectors. By shorting one input to ground it becomes an unbalanced input. To put it another way, the aerial input coil primary is connected to the centre pins of the two connectors, so grounding one gives an unbalanced input. The connectors were originally designed to take a cable similar to RG213, which is not that convenient to handle.
The CR150 is working well. I just need to repair the case and front panel...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00615c.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	279296   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00614c.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	279297  
Old 7th Jun 2023, 6:19 pm   #24
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

That's really nice workmanship!

I had a CR100 back in the 70s; don't remember the precise details of the rear panel connections but found it a rather annoying radio to actually _use_ on the HF bands; Somewhat drifty, but was great for listening to Luxembourg on 208M MW.