UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jan 2015, 3:41 pm   #1
mole42uk
Nonode

Default WS19 size?

Hi,

(I originally put this in Components & Circuits in a fit of misadventure, but hope that here I'll get some help!)

Does anyone know the dimensions of the standard mounting for a WS19? It seems to have been a standard for several types of military kit but my searches only tell me about the WS19 set! I'd really like a drawing of the mounting.....

Thanks,

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Old 4th Jan 2015, 4:00 pm   #2
n_r_muir
Hexode

Default Re: WS19 size?

Hi,

Have a look at:-

http://k4che.com/WS19/WS19Mount/WS19Mount.htm

It is not dimensioned but gives an idea of the general arrangement.

I don't have access to a 19 set just now to take any measurements from.

Ross
Old 4th Jan 2015, 6:01 pm   #3
M0SOE_Bruce
Pentode

There are various mounting kits depending on the type of installation. Each set was supplied as a two item kit, the radio & accessories and the mounting kit.

The most common was the ground mount that was on a wooden board with carry handles. This would be used in the back of a signal lorry or quickly moved to a tent or dugout.

The jeep mount would have a different bolt pattern than a carrier or tank.

I still have the wooden mount ( I think it is carrier # 23) so can give dimension fot that.
Old 4th Jan 2015, 6:28 pm   #4
mole42uk
Nonode

So far I have seen references to Carrier, Set, Number 21, Number 22 and Number 23. Assuming they are all different but for the same WS19 set, how would they vary? The No.21 seems to have rubber shock mounts, is the wooden board of No.23 a plain board or a box?
ISTR seeing pictures of a mounting installed in an armoured vehicle, comms lorry or similar where there seemed to be a sort of tub similar in shape to the WS19 into which the set fitted. I'm probably barking at the wrong bush......

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Old 4th Jan 2015, 7:10 pm   #5
n_r_muir
Hexode

HI,

On the VMARS site there is an EMER document entitled "Wireless set Cdn No 19 MK III and ancillary equipment. Near the end of the document there are some diagrams showing the component parts of three different set carriers. They all use the basic principal of using canvas straps and "t" shaped brackets that fit in the "key holes" on the set and power unit cases to hold them firmly onto a frame. For vehicle use the carrier frames also have "shock mounts" to secure the frame to the vehicle.
Old 4th Jan 2015, 7:53 pm   #6

I have carrier number 25, I do not know for what vehicle is it. I will appreciate any info about this carrier set
I can give you the info of measurements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7079.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	102300   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6980.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	102301  

Closed Thread