UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Nov 2014, 9:04 am   #1
BrianS1
Retired Dormant Member

Default FT101ZD MK3 PA Query

Re: Yeasu ft101zd (Yaesu FT101ZD).
L9 connections in the FT101ZD Mk 3 manual are shown as connecting between moving contact of RL2 and PL259 type socket antenna input.
On my FT101ZD I found the " RL" end of L9 connected to the RL2 coil D6 cathode end.

The transceiver had been used in transmit mode.

The addition of L9 was a modification beginning with production lot 4 and was not shown connecting to coil of relay in manual.

I am puzzled and before I solder L9 to the mc pin on relay RL2 would welcome any comments.
Old 28th Nov 2014, 4:49 pm   #2
GW3OQK Andrew
Pentode

Default Re: FT101ZD MK3 PA Query

Brian, my L9 was connected from one end of the main coil L1 to the relay. The moving contact went to the coax socket. Not as shown in the diagram.

I say was because I have scrapped it as far as TX was concerned because the valves and their replacements flashed over inside as soon as I tried transmitting. Because it would not work QSK it did not suit me anyway.

Andrew
Old 30th Nov 2014, 5:56 pm   #3
BrianS1
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: FT101ZD MK3 PA Query

Andrew, thanks for your reply/comments.

I have since removed the relay and drawn it up as I couldn't find it on the net.
I have now rewired it to the circuit diagram in the manual which does seem to make sense as it is after all a transmit / receive changeover relay and for the coax input to to be connected via L9 to the coil just does not make sense.

I am still wondering how I managed to transmit without any apparent problems ?

If anyone can shed any more light on this I would be pleased to hear.
Closed Thread