UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Nov 2014, 5:13 pm   #1
divedocduiker
Retired Dormant Member

Default Possible identification of Sea Salvage

Dear All,

Last summer, a friend of mine dived the rests of an airplane out of Dunkirk, France.
He saw 2 engines, a nose wheel, 12.7 mm ammo, and a very rusted box on witch he saw a small brass plate he could remove. After cleaning it shows following details : see annexe.
We should like to trace the history of this airplane. So, can any one tell us on what type of aircraft this radar transmitter was fixed? ea: B25 or B26? Other?
Is there any chance the company archives can tell us where the transmitter was delivered?
It would be great for family to know the fate of there relatives. who can help? or had suggestions?
What was the goal of such a transmitter ( i m nil in electronics).
Kind regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avion 1 radar vliegtuig 2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	100900  

Last edited by AC/HL; 30th Nov 2014 at 2:38 pm. Reason: Attachment emailed by OP
Old 30th Nov 2014, 11:00 am   #2
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Re: Possible identification of Sea Salvage

Last summer, a friend of mine dived the rests of an airplane out of Dunkirk, France.
Hi All,

I asked the original poster to send me the JPG file of the makers plate and it is attached herewith. This is the same jammer equipment that turned up in 2013(?) in a WW2 air raid shelter in Norwich and was discussed at length on this group. I suspect the poster will have to ask on military aviation sites to narrow down the type of a/c this equipment was installed in but there must be some jammer boffins here who can help?

Roger/G3VKM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	APQ9_Build_plate.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	100872  
Old 30th Nov 2014, 11:10 am   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

See here https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=84521
Old 30th Nov 2014, 11:38 am   #4
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

That's the one! I think it ended up at a museum, possibly Muckleburgh, in which case it's back in store as the radio group were turfed-out shortly afterwards, following a dispute with the management.

I have suggested another site to the original poster (WW2Talk.com) where they might also find some info.

Roger
Old 30th Nov 2014, 5:53 pm   #5
Sean Williams
Dekatron

APQ 9 - as the IWM find it....

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30101296