UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Oct 2012, 10:32 pm   #1
BobGreen
Retired Dormant Member

Default Denco Turret Tuner

In the 1950s one of my school teachers gave me his badly built HF comms receiver based on the Denco turret coil set. It worked so poorly that I dismantled it and later gave the tuner coil assembly part away. Does anyone here remember this unit or even got one to work well?
Old 23rd Oct 2012, 11:00 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Denco Turret Tuner

I seem to remember a PW communications receiver in one of the PW circuit collections books. I think that used a Denco turret. It was largely based on EF91 or 92 valves. If I can find it I'll check.
Old 24th Oct 2012, 1:24 am   #3
AC/HL
Dekatron

It is in "25 Selected Circuits for Amateurs" published in 1962, so is a bit later than yours. It uses EF91s and an ECL80.
The turret is a Denco CT7/B with 3 SW bands and the text says additional coil strips can be purchased for LW and MW, but it does not say whether this would be additional or in place of the others.
Old 24th Oct 2012, 5:52 pm   #4
llama
Octode

The latest Radio Bygones (No. 139) has part 1 of an article by Stef Niewiadomski called "Coil Packs" but it also covers turrets, including Denco ones. Presumably part 2 will be in the next edition.
Graham
Old 24th Oct 2012, 7:08 pm   #5
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Gents, some of the earlier Malloy & Poole books show denco sets which used these coil turrets; some research should get you the official circuits

Ed
Closed Thread