UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2022, 2:59 pm   #21
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: HRO power supply to power a R1155

On the 6 way transmitter plug (P1 on the schematic) on the R1155 or a 6 way Jones socket if you have one to go with it, connect the HT +ve from the power supply to pin 5, connect HT -ve from the power supply to pin 8, connect the heater supply to pins 3 & 4.

If the metal work of the doghouse power supply is HT -ve then make sure that the metalwork doesn't make contact with the case/chassis of the R1155 and that there's no Earth connection between the power supply and the receiver, the heater supply from the doghouse power supply should be fully floating in that unit, eg: neither side should be connected to the HT -ve in that unit.

Lawrence.

Last edited by ms660; 25th May 2022 at 3:29 pm. Reason: extra info
Old 25th May 2022, 3:30 pm   #22
g4aaw pete
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by g4aaw pete View Post
The heaters on the 1155 are wired in a series / parallel arrangement, so you'd have to rewire it for 6.3v.

There's also a requirement for a negative bias supply, not sure if that is available from an HRO psu.
I'm afraid I don't agree with either of these statements. All the R1155s I've come across work with 6.3V AC on the heaters. Also there is no requirement for a negative bias supply - it is self generated by not grounding the HT negative.
Agreed Keith. I don't know what circuit I was looking at!
Apologies for mis-information.
Old 25th May 2022, 3:45 pm   #23
deliverance
Heptode

Hi Lawrence, The HRO power supply now has floating HT- and floating 6.3v for the heaters. I am now making up a cable from the supply to the 1155.
Old 25th May 2022, 8:20 pm   #24
deliverance
Heptode

Well after making up a cable from the power supply to the 1155 i woke the receiver up slowly with the variac and It's now awake and working okay a few niggles aside bfo not working. Thanks for the help and advice especially Lawrence.
Old 26th May 2022, 3:00 pm   #25
deliverance
Heptode

Mods you can close this now thanks.
Closed Thread