UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Mar 2020, 8:02 am   #1
jascha
Hexode

Default Studer A807 MK1 help please... firmware?

Hi everyone,

My A807 MK1 has suffered an unfortunate fault due to a short whilst tracing an intermittent fault due to the left channel cutting out. Accidentally a short on the tape deck controller board has put it out of action now. My machine uses the 10/89 firmware and it seems that the EPROMs might have gotten corrupted as I tested them in another machine with same symptoms.... no sign of the firmware version on power up and no function of anything apart from a spinning capstan!
I have another set of eproms however these are the 30/88 and not sure that they can just be plug and play with my machine! The firmware shows up but the relays click constantly and some lights flash on and off on the command panel.

Any voltages that were lost due to the short have been sorted out ( I had lost the -15v rail) and all voltages are present on the test points. I have also checked that all ics on the TDC board are fine and they have been both tested on my MK2 and my eprom programmer that tests also ics.

If anyone has a copy of the bin files version 10/89 could I please have a copy sent so I can at least find out if the firmware will cure my machine? I believe my EPROMs are faulty and cannot get a good backup from them. Any ideas what could be happening here? I have made videos of the state of the machine which I can send if I receive a pm with an email where to send it please if anyone can help.

Any suggestions of how to trace this fault is gratefully received please.

Kind regards and thanks
J
Closed Thread