UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 28th Mar 2016, 6:21 am   #1
Karen O
Rest in Peace

Default Cabinet spotted in Nottingham

The cabinet shown in the picture is on sale at £25 in a Sue Ryder shop in Nottingham. It looks like it has been repurposed - notice the lid hinge on the front. Still, someone might want to take it on and do something with it.

If anyone is interested, but can't make it to Nottingham straight away then please pm me as I have a friend who could secure it on your behalf.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabinet.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	122017  
Old 28th Mar 2016, 9:17 am   #2
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Re: Cabinet spotted in Nottingham

Looks like an Ultra .1934 ish
Old 28th Mar 2016, 3:34 pm   #3
Karen O
Rest in Peace

Yes, my friend mentioned that it was an Ultra.

Can anyone explain why the hinge is on the front?
Old 29th Mar 2016, 8:41 pm   #4
McMurdo
Dekatron

it looks like the lid has been split in the middle, maybe opens-out for some reason!?
I'm guessing it's the Lynx radiogram. At that time Ultra often did the same model as a table set, floor stander (consolette) and radiogram. This range date from the very early 30's