UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Oct 2017, 10:04 am   #41
MurphyNut
Heptode

Default Re: When the collection takes over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbulb View Post
Sadly it seems that 1930/40s woodies, even restored and working, have little or no monetary value and precious little desirability, so I can see me having to take them down to the tip myself
Do offer them to forum members before you even contemplate taking them down to the tip! Not everyone is influenced by the monetary value of a set.
Most of my Murphys aren't worth much but I enjoy them as much as the more collectable Bakelite sets in my collection.
Old 21st Oct 2017, 10:22 am   #42
murphymad
Heptode

Default Re: When the collection takes over.

Hotbulb,

As you are in Wantage, why not take them to the BVWS Royal Wootton Bassett meeting and offer them out there.
You can book a table or put them through the Bring & Buy stall.

That way you get a good day out at a radio event and pass on your unwanted sets directly to people who will want them and give them a good home for the future.

Mike...

Organiser of the BVWS Royal Woooton Bassett vintage radio meeting / BVWS Auctions.