UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jul 2019, 1:16 pm   #1
mervyn
Hexode

Default Tandberg TP41

Hi All

Has anyone yet found a suitable replacement speaker for Tandberg TP 41 considering how shallow it is ?

I have noted the problem as Paul Sherwin has stated is the magnet assembly shifting as its glued on

I currently have another TP41 where the speaker is at the moment ok. Would running some epoxy around the magnet where the assembly is glued onto the speaker chassis circumvent the shifting or is it a lost cause with time

any help appreciated
Old 8th Jul 2019, 1:32 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Tandberg TP41

I've still not sourced anything suitable. They seem like gold dust. I've considered fitting a conventional speaker, but only a much smaller one will fit.
Old 8th Jul 2019, 3:55 pm   #3
mervyn
Hexode

Default Re: Tandberg TP41

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsherwin View Post
I've still not sourced anything suitable. They seem like gold dust. I've considered fitting a conventional speaker, but only a much smaller one will fit.
Yes must admit I have been also looking

on the one with speaker that's not right . the magnet assemble just twisted off the chassis of the speaker
was considering taking it further apart and try to refix magnet (with a home brew jig) whilst glue is setting and then put it all back with shims etc around voice coil as per normal speaker repairs

might take pictures of it all just in case it actually works, in case someone wants to try

Nothing really to lose
Closed Thread