UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 18th Oct 2020, 12:12 pm   #1
timberman2004
Diode

Default Ekco SH25 assistance Please

Gentlemen,

I have a 1932 Ekco SH25 superhet wireless in pretty pristine condition

It tries manfully to work, warming up properly, and transmitting stations can be vaguely found and heard….just needs a very delicate touch on the dial

However there seems to be a problem with the volume control. It doesn’t graduate smoothly up in sound, it has to be at maximum and all pretty crackly

The set would benefit from a ‘birthday treat’ and have a proper service

I'd appreciate to hear from someone who can sympathetically restore this almost 90 yr old, rather beautiful radio set back to it’s former glory.

I don't really know what the set is worth, and that's a bit academic. This is going to be a 'Keeper' and passed down to the offspring.

Regrettably the Home Service is no longer with us, but listening to the Archers (as was till Covid), with it's easily imagined Mr Cholmondley-Warner overtones … well, this is the only wireless to use

I’m based near Oxford, but to travel is not a problem

I look forward to hearing

Neal
timberman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2020, 11:19 am   #2
unitelex
Hexode

Default Re: Ekco SH25 assistance Please

Hi Neal,
Welcome to the forum!
I have sent you a private message (PM)

Best Regards
Chris
unitelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2020, 12:17 pm   #3
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Ekco SH25 assistance Please

I'm in Wembley NW London and can come to you if you like, I have also sent you a private message.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Michael Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote