UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Old 12th Apr 2024, 4:55 pm   #1
Phil__G
Octode

Default Voice synths again

I wonder if anyone has tried the Parallax Emic 2, I have always wanted a Dectalk system, partly because of its historic significance and partly because frankly in 40 years its never been bettered - but of course they're silly expensive. The Emic 2 uses the DECtalk text-to-speech synthesizer engine (5.0.E1) and sounds to me exactly like the original Dectalk hardware, with all the familiar voices like Perfect Paul, Frail Frank, Rough Rita and more. Its not cheap, but a fraction of the price asked for a 40-year-old Dectalker.
I'm very tempted but first wondered if anyone had tried an Emic? Ta!

Last edited by Phil__G; 12th Apr 2024 at 5:01 pm.
Phil__G is offline   Reply With Quote