UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 12th May 2019, 5:59 pm   #1
trh01uk
Heptode

Default Rare early RAF wavemeter - free of charge

Folks,

I have a 1930s era RAF wavemeter, type W42-B available to anyone who wants it. Its the first one listed in AP1086, and I have never seen another one anywhere.

The bad news is that it is badly damaged and is in dire need of lots of TLC. Its top lid is missing, and the front panel looks like its had something heavy dropped on it. The good news is that the coil and spare valves box is in good order and has most of the bits in it. I think its just one valve that's missing.

Photos are here.

I can ship this if necessary - but its probably two parcels, so might well be 15 in the UK. Or collect from Ross-on-Wye, or at the Radiophile auction, Gnossall on 19th May.

Richard
trh01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 6:39 pm   #2
M0FYA Andy
Octode

Default Re: Rare early RAF wavemeter - free of charge

Richard,

I think I'd better put my name in the hat for that - as you know, I have a penchant for RAF Wavemeters!

Andy
M0FYA Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2019, 8:32 am   #3
trh01uk
Heptode

Default Re: Rare early RAF wavemeter - free of charge

Andy,

yes, wavemeters are usually the most advanced tech of any period as they have to be better (at a specific job) than the radios they were used with. I will PM you about how to get it up to you.

Richard
trh01uk is offline   Reply With Quote