UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2007, 10:12 pm   #21
Andy Green
Hexode

Default Re: CBS Field-Sequential Color from PC - First Pictures! (sort-of...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Green View Post
For what it's worth, I remember that a Wireless World from the early 70's had an article on how to build a colour wheel set, and AFAIR it included a circuit to convert a PAL signal to field sequential compatable one for feeding to a monochrome set. I had a copy of this article, maybe ten years ago, it might still be in the loft in my daughters house (which was at on time my house I will check soon - I have to install a WifI router for her, so will rooot through the attic then) - anyone else remember this?
Well, I was up in the aforementioned loft today, and rescued a few old Wireless Worlds - sadly the article on field sequential Colour TV was not amongst them, although there were a few flaky and dried out pages from the October 1971 (vol 77 No 1432) including the contents page which has listed on Page 497 - "Field Sequential Colour Television Receiver - part 2, by T.J. Dennis"
So if anyone is in the vicinity of the British Library in St Pancras, London, it would be interesting to get acopy of the article, and locate part 1 , and any subsequent parts. - If anyone does this, could they scan and post the article?
Other interesting articles are P 470 - "Television Receiver review" (of which I have most pages), and on P479 - "Digital TV Synchronizers and Converters", by S.M Edwardson and A.H. Jones
Old 6th Aug 2007, 10:40 pm   #22
jhalphen
Hexode

Default Re: CBS Field-Sequential Color from PC - First Pictures! (sort-of...)

Hello to all,

For Kat M.

Linux applications on vintage displays

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/bchafy/lood.html

Courtesy of Dr Ido on AK

Thought it could be useful in your project...

Best Regards

jhalphen
Closed Thread