UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Feb 2019, 11:41 pm   #1
VT FUSE
Hexode

Default Microphone transformer WS type 21

Would any kind V.M.A.R.S. type soul be able to post a section of the diagram for this radio's microphone transformer and in particular connections thereof,also
was it a moving coil or carbon microphone?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 15th Feb 2019, 8:09 am   #2
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Re: Microphone transformer WS type 21

Hello Mike,

I can't see the WS21 listed in the VMARS archive but there is a section on that radio in Wireless For The Warrior Vol 1. "Microphone, Hand, No 4" seems to be the mic used, with the standard 4-pin plug.

Might be worth trying the WS19 forum on Groups.io?

Cheers

Roger
Old 15th Feb 2019, 5:10 pm   #3
VT FUSE
Hexode

Default Re: Microphone transformer WS type 21

Thanks for the info Roger,I did once try getting onto the WS19 i.o group but for forgotten reasons gave up,maybe it existed on some other platform prior to groups io?
At least I can chase mic,hand,no.4 down.I think it was carbon.

Mike
Closed Thread