UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Feb 2009, 4:11 pm   #21
yesnaby
Octode

Default Re: Ancient EKCO Power Unit

Hello,

The patent details including the circuit are here (dated 1926 though)

http://www.wikipatents.com/gb/0262567.html

Michael
Old 5th Feb 2009, 8:11 pm   #22
AlanBeckett
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Ancient EKCO Power Unit

John,
That's a splendid catalogue. Clearly I'm missing the link, and it also explains the purpose of the 'VAR' output. I particularly like the 2 pin plug for the light socket. I remember them well. My unit has an Earth screw on the metal plate at the back so I suppose you stood some chance of not electrocuting yourself. I think the description of the case a 'figured walnut' is perhaps a bit ambitious. The only dissapointment is that mine isn't there. It really is AC 10/20 - see attached picture. I guess it must be in the 1934/35 catalogue .

Graham,
Meany! I was just trying to avoid silting up the site with closed threads when in fact they have been restarted under another guise.

Michael,
Once again, that's a splendid document. It's along time since I had to plough through one so I'd better set to before my brain siezes up completely.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BackStamp.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	22946  
Closed Thread