UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Dec 2016, 9:10 am   #1
Tall Yves
Retired Dormant Member

Default HMV 1133 Radio.

Hello to all!
Recently, on a 2nd hand site, I purchased an HMV radio type 1133.
Set apart some tracks of corrosive liquid spilled on the top of the cabinet, he is in a state more than correct.
I would place him in the early 60’s: power switch on the volume potentiometer, tuning capacitor common to the AM and the FM and then simply the design.
I do believe that his radio was made for the Benelux market; the dial shows both French & Dutch inscriptions.
Despite several researches on the web I did not manage to find the schematics.
With the numbering of tubes, the basic circuits of most of the tubes being here: http://www.sm5cbw.se/tubes/index.htm, I would have been able to get out of trouble but unfortunately, most of the tubes have their marking wiped out. (see pictures)
Thus, somebody would have the schematics somewhere or at least something approaching, I’ll be very glad.
By advance, thank you all of you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0120.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	134374   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0116.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	134375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lampes anglais.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	134376   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0123.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	134377  
Old 14th Dec 2016, 3:06 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: HMV 1133 Radio.

I don't have a circuit but possible valves that would tie in with a EL41 and EZ81 are , AM Mixer /osc ECH81, IF amp EF89 or EF80, audio amp, detector and AVC EABC80, all have B9A bases.
With the valve data you should be able to check if the wiring matches up the circuit to the above valves.
There are other possibilities but that should help with some of them.
Frank
Edit, just noticed two valves in the VHF tuner, are they B9A bases or B7G?
Closed Thread