UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Oct 2017, 10:36 am   #1
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default PM notifications

Just noticed the red band saying 90% or over capacity, has disappeared without me deleting any PMs, which is good. I have also noticed the small % full sign in the top right corner has disappeared, not so good.
Is there any warning when you write a message with PMs 100% full before I click on send and loose the message?
Yes I like to keep old PMs and look back on what I was doing, and when, come to think of it its the only diary I have.

John.
Old 4th Oct 2017, 11:00 am   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: PM notifications

The forum wide PM quota was increased recently.
Old 4th Oct 2017, 11:18 am   #3
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Great stuff, Thank you Paul.
Old 4th Oct 2017, 3:26 pm   #4
Dave Moll
Dekatron

As for percentage - that's easy now the allowance is 1,000. Just divide the number of PMs by 10.
Old 4th Oct 2017, 4:20 pm   #5
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
As for percentage - that's easy now the allowance is 1,000. Just divide the number of PMs by 10.

Thank you Dave, I notice it says how many stored, that will do for me. It'll be a year or two before I need to think of deleting any PMs.
I welcome this move by Paul S, thank you. I wonder how many more forum members dislike deleting old PMs, I like to keep at least one from every conversation, just for reference.

John.
Old 4th Oct 2017, 5:13 pm   #6
Paul Stenning
Administrator

We had two or three members with valid reasons for needing to use and store more PMs than normal contact us recently, asking if their quota could be increased. We felt that the easiest solution was simply to double the quota from 500 to 1000 for everyone.

Members with under 10 posts still have a much lower quota, but it will increase automatically to 1000 when they reach 10 posts.

PMs are stored as text in the database so don't take up much room. The main thing that uses space here is attachments (photos etc) in forum posts.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread