UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Feb 2008, 7:43 pm   #1
Phoenix1
Retired Dormant Member

Default Pye Model P Radio

I've just acquired a Pye radio that has 'Model P' stamped on the inside of the wooden case. There is no plate attached to the chassis that would help me identify this radio. I cannot find any info about this set on the web & it is not the model P from 1933. I would say it was a 1950's set. It measures 19"W x 9.5"D x 16.5"H. As I said a wooden case, the dial is vertical, set to the right, MW/LW/SW, with knobs for volume & dial plus 11 small round push buttons for on/off, bass, wave change & pre-set stations. Can anyone give me an accurate model number & any info on this set please?
Old 25th Feb 2008, 9:12 pm   #2
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Default Re: Pye Model P Radio

Your description does very much sound like the Pye model P shown below. If it is the same then service data for this set is available from the link at the top right corner of the page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pye_p.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	15499  

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 26th Feb 2008, 3:37 pm   #3
Phoenix1
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Pye Model P Radio

Thanks Robert, that sure looks like the set.

Kind regards,

David.
Closed Thread