UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 14th Jun 2019, 7:34 pm   #1
Robsradio
Pentode

Default Wanted.. Road warning lamps

Evening,
Off topic, but some time ago I posted a wanted for a Dorman Smith Trafilamp (still looking) but I was kindly given an Ever Ready lamp, this has really sparked my collecting passion for these for the 'man cave'. Does anybody here have or know of any for sale, any makes or colours, I quite fancy adding a blue emergency services lamp and red railway track lamp too.
Please message me if you do.
Thanks
Robsradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2019, 7:50 pm   #2
broadgage
Octode

Default Re: Wanted.. Road warning lamps

These are often for sale on ebay. Suggested search term is "road lamp" this will find mainly the paraffin lamps but also includes the battery versions.

The blue ones are very rare and rather expensive, there is one for sale right now.

I have no connection with any vendor of these.

EDIT to add, or try searching for "dorman lamp" which excludes most of the paraffin versions

Last edited by broadgage; 14th Jun 2019 at 7:53 pm. Reason: to add last bit.
broadgage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2019, 6:18 pm   #3
Robsradio
Pentode

Default Re: Wanted.. Road warning lamps

Thanks for the suggestion, I have seen them on ebay, but think most are sold by 'dealers' and the prices seem crazy in some cases. Somebody here just might have one kicking around in the shed etc they are happy to sell reasonably?
Robsradio is offline   Reply With Quote