UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Dec 2021, 2:51 pm   #21
Valvepower
Octode

Default Re: Leak Radiogram

Hi,

The Stereo 20 is luverly ‘ole amplifier and nice to work on.

There are oodles of gain so if your OK with no tone controls and just a pot on the input it’ll work fine with modern DAC, CD and Phono amp sources.

On a more sombre note, seeing the Leak book reminded me of the sad passing during the summer of this year, of one of the Leak chaps, Steve Wilkins, who contributed to the Leak book. From memory he is in a photo with Don Barlow, and wrote about testing of the MC cartridges.

I knew Steve well and I remember popping up to the NAD offices, Finchley, London around the year 2000 to see Steve in the NAD design lab, where he worked up to his retirement, and he showed me the draft of Steve Spicers book – it’s something I’ll never forgot. I realized then this was going to be cracking book.

Terry
Old 22nd Feb 2022, 11:54 pm   #22
Manx Nick
Pentode

Default Re: Leak Radiogram

Hi all, I eventually sold this for £700 which I am think is a good price. The chap didn't want the cabinet so we worked together to remove the radio parts, amp and turntable. He was very pleased.
I used the money to replace some bits for my commodore pet!

Thank you all for your advice.
Nick
Closed Thread