UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jul 2007, 9:30 pm   #21
Tazman1966
Nonode

Default Re: The maximum number of converters & modulators useable together?

Quote:
Just wish he'd go ahead with this idea. It's a winner!
...and down in lovely Devon as well. It can't fail.

Best wishes from,
Old 17th Jul 2007, 12:25 am   #22
DoctorWho
Rest in Peace

Hybrid - That's interesting, as I also remember, when we used to have BBC1 on Channel 1 and ITV on Channel 9 (where I grew up) there was overlapping, but I di wonder if, with modern filters and the like this could be overcome? The transmitters were getting old in the 70's and 80's when I was watching so probably were not operating quite to the original spec perhaps? I love the idea of the rabbits ears aerial, in fact, in our house, I can pick up the 405 signal on any set with such an aerial, and it's a properly screened set-up. I think I'd want to keep BBC1 on Channel 1, as that's where it all started, and probably ITV on Channel 9 for the same reason, but, aside from that, I'd be flexible. Having archive footage on one channel would be great fun, especially if guest appearances could be arranged.

Steve - Believe me, if I could go ahead with it I would, it would make for such a great experience, a bit like stepping back in time. I wonder how exactly the out of band harmonics could be overcome, as it has to be possible.

Tazman - Thank you, yes it would be nice here in North Devon, it's a very picturesque part of the country. Amusingly enough this area didn't get television until circa 1961, so it would be a real experience even for the locals, especially if we has some sort of special viewing evening where the Mastergram or one of the other early sets were powered up for an evening's archive viewing.

If only............
Old 18th Jul 2007, 10:13 am   #23
arjoll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
I wonder how exactly the out of band harmonics could be overcome, as it has to be possible.
Filters! Only the FM trap there would be much use, but you can also get high pass filters here to cure interference to band I from 29 MHz CB, and I'm sure its not hard to fabricate some of your own if you know what you're doing!
Old 18th Jul 2007, 11:35 am   #24
DoctorWho
Rest in Peace

True, I'd need to enlist help there
Closed Thread