UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jun 2019, 10:25 am   #21
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Service Info. for Sharp VC-M305 VCR

Further to the above, despite downloading the service info, I still cannot get the cam gear to locate correctly on its shaft, even after carefully studying the drawings and instructions. Nothing appears to be damaged or distorted, and I have all timing marks lined up as per the illustrations, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong!
Old 11th Jun 2019, 10:31 am   #22
vhs doctor
Pentode

Have you aligned the other gears before installing the cam
Old 11th Jun 2019, 11:50 am   #23
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

To the best of my knowledge, Yes. I've set the gears so that the timing marks appear as in the drawings, and ensured that the rack is set as far to the left (as per pictures 1 & 2 in post #10) but, no matter how I try, I cannot push the cam all the way down on it's shaft, nor can I see what is preventing me from so doing.
Old 13th Jun 2019, 6:30 am   #24
vhs doctor
Pentode

In some mechanisms I have the same problem. Your mechanism have plastic guide pins that means that nothing is bended or broken. Align first the cam gear and when you are ready to push it down, make a small rotation until the plastic pins come into the cone gear grooves.
Old 1st Jul 2019, 12:37 pm   #25
ekjdm14
Banned

I don't know if the mechanism is the same but I have a VC-M26HM here and will take a look and see if it is & see if there's anything i can work out from that.

EDIT- just popped the transport out and it's similar except for in the cam area where it's completely different! Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	186005  

Last edited by ekjdm14; 1st Jul 2019 at 1:05 pm.
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 6:48 pm   #26
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Thanks for looking, Dan. I downloaded the manual a few weeks ago, but cannot work out how to correctly align the cam gear with the other parts.
Old 4th Jul 2019, 10:03 pm   #27
ekjdm14
Banned

Might be one to shelve for a while & come back to when the previous attempts have faded in your memory a little. I often find that with something that's just refusing to play ball, I'll leave it a week or two and when I next look at it everything falls into place and I wonder how on earth it happened!
Closed Thread