UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jun 2020, 4:01 pm   #1
Beechcraft100
Triode

Default Looking for 8 pole Xtal filter type 10M22D

Hi All

Scouted internet for a crystal filter its made by Nikko Denshi type 10M22D
It is an 8 pole xtal filter from the 80's and 90's but cannot find any info let alone buy one.

Does anybody either have a spec sheet or one i could purchase.

I believe that it was a 2.2khz bandwith SSB filter

Any info or offer of one greatly appreciated

Andy G0JIA

73's Andy
G0JIA
Old 4th Jun 2020, 4:07 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Looking for 8 pole Xtal filter type 10M22D

You might get data out of a CirKit catalogue of the era
10.7MHz centre, I think? But you'll need to find data to know what impedances to embed it in.

I have in the past, for the G-QRP club measured a number of dataless filters and played around with matching Z to get their shapes right. So they can be reverse engineered.

Alternatively circuits can be changed to suit other filters. Don't think I have many filters on 10.7, (my big stocks are commercial grade 1.4MHz in USB, LSB, RTTY and CW bandwidths. I keep intending building a monument of a receiver.) but you can find 9MHz-ish ones as spares and accessories for the usual three japanese transceiver brands.

David
Old 4th Jun 2020, 5:02 pm   #3
John KC0G
Hexode

David is right.

You can find data on this filter on page 15 of part 4 of the Ambit International catalogue from around 1981. You can find this at https://worldradiohistory.com/UK_Miscellaneous.htm

The filter has a centre frequency of 10.7 MHz (not 10.695 MHz which was sometimes used) and requires a matching impedance of 500 ohms in parallel with 18pF

A Google search and your QRZ page suggests that you want this for a project Omega transceiver. If you cannot find one, there are a couple of options at the well-known auction site. One is a ladder filter (would it fit ?), or you might find a crystal filter. I am a bit wary of international postage at the moment.

73 John

Last edited by John KC0G; 4th Jun 2020 at 5:07 pm. Reason: typo
Old 4th Jun 2020, 5:44 pm   #4
Beechcraft100
Triode

Yes building an Omegas, Built this originally in 1983 and ex wide destroyed it!!!!!! enough said.

Recently acquired a series of faulty boards that i have repaired but the CIFPU board is missing the filter, Would prefer to find the original part John, It is 10.7 meg and has a bandwidth of 2.2 for ssb and cw, apart from that cannot find any for sale even on usual sites, Ebay, Alibaba etc

73's Andy
G0JIA
Closed Thread