UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jun 2020, 9:46 pm   #1
Karen O
Rest in Peace

Default SC/MP chip emulation on PIC16F877

As promised in the vintage computer section, here's details of the SC/MP emulation I've implemented on a PIC microcontroller. It is not a true chip-level emulation: many bus signals are missing and those that are present don't necessarily conform to SC/MP datasheet timing. So it's useless for insertion into classic machines like the Scrumpi, Mk14 etc,

But I have built myself a NIBL machine using the emulator. I'm using it to develop some useful routines to go in page 2, e.g. an assembler. Note that the PIC source code is presented as a text file to get around forum restrictions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NIBL computer circuit.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	207502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Computer.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	207503   Click image for larger version

Name:	SCMP inside.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	207504  
Attached Files
File Type: txt SCMPemu.txt (18.6 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by Karen O; 2nd Jun 2020 at 9:49 pm. Reason: Typographical error
Closed Thread