UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Sep 2018, 11:02 pm   #1
stofbj1
Triode

Default Help identifying an electrolytic capacitor

Could someone please help identify a capacitor?

Restoring an vintage record player, and found some leaky capacitors,(reading 400uf now) thought they were electrolytic, but no negative and positive markings, All I can make out on the case is 18v DC WKG type B1 ELKOMOLD 200uf British made, just wondering which is the negative and positive sides, one lead goes from the top along the outside of the capacitor.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180928_2247372_HDR.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	170007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180928_224737_HDR.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	170008  

Last edited by AC/HL; 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:25 am. Reason: Thread Split
Old 29th Sep 2018, 11:09 am   #2
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Default Re: Help Identifying Capacitor

These were made by the Telegraph Condenser Compnay (TCC) in the UK. I’m pretty sure the end with the black seal is the negative terminal. I have a data sheet for these and will double check.
Closed Thread