UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Mar 2014, 11:33 am   #21
threeseven
Octode

Default Re: HARPENDEN - DATE CHANGE ! please make a note.

I noticed the chap that collapsed, in the canteen just before the incident occurred. He seemed disorientated and confused, next thing I saw was him crashing into the stall and falling to the floor. Within seconds there were a number of people on the scene and he was being attended to. It was quite a worrying incident, I hope he is ok and wish him well.

An enjoyable auction with a number of interesting items, some of which I bid successfully on, the consequences of which was a car with distinctly compressed rear suspension! Made acquaintance with a few more members and had some interesting chats! Thanks to all involved.
Old 10th Mar 2014, 1:55 pm   #22
Herald1360
Dekatron

I enjoyed the whole day- even the drives to and fro. Early on a sunny Sunday is a good time to be on the road.

I almost escaped "up" on the day after some successful offerings on the bring and buy (museum's cut was nearly £20 though half of that was direct purchases), but I succumbed to a Taylor 45A in a nice wooden carrying case with manual and a few adaptors which left me well down I did manage to go home with a lighter car, at least.

Nostalgia got me an Elegant Seven in a mixed box (albeit an earlier one than the one I built as a teenager) in the auction, but the Taylor effect meant some other interesting stuff was out of reach.

I put a few faces to forum names helped by a couple of prearranged pickups ( a Lemouzy French set and a birthday practical wireless- interesting to find Baxandall's article on feedback tone cotrols in that) and a chat with Howard in the canteen.

Thanks to Mike and his merry men for all their efforts and for my part in the queue debacle. I still managed to be about fifth in line and escaped by quarter past five, though
.........O..Chris....O
Old 10th Mar 2014, 5:30 pm   #23
Cobaltblue

Hi All

I have spoken to Mike who is home and OK.

He is likely to post himself in due course.

Yes the Hall organiser was very good however it was a fellow BVWS member I was thinking of, he stayed through the whole incident completely selfless.

Cheers

Mike T
Old 10th Mar 2014, 7:42 pm   #24
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Ahh OK, I don't know who that was. The hall manager was actually waiting outside for the ambulance (for the whole 45 minutes...), and it was him that commandeered the police officers who were driving past too.

Excellent news that Mike is back home and OK now.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 11th Mar 2014, 12:05 am   #25
Gridiron
Heptode

Being the person who collapsed at Harpenden, I would like to express my thanks to everyone who assisted me during the long wait for the ambulance, especially the Australian? chap with first-aid experience who stayed with me throughout mentioned in the previous posts by Mike T.,etc.
Previous to collapsing I had gone to the refreshment area and when ordering I began to feel unwell and so sat down, hoping this would make me feel better, when this didn't work I got up and went into the main hall, intending to go outside to get some fresh air, and then blacked out and came round on the floor.
When the ambulance finally arrived, I was taken to the A&E Dept of Luton hospital,where the cut I sustained on falling was glued and I was later taken to a ward in the hospital where I had a more extensive examination, I was very happy with the standard of treatment and the politeness of the staff there.
I was allowed to leave at about 8.30pm when Alan (Kolstar), whom I had come down to Harpenden with, collected me.
I am feeling much better today although not 100%, but will be seeing my local GP tomorrow about the hospital investigations.
Thanks again to everyone who helped me at the hall, and the people who have phoned me and the forum members who have expressed their concerns.
Mike (Gridiron).
Old 11th Mar 2014, 12:28 pm   #26
radiomarktv
Pentode

Hi Mike,
glad to hear you're ok we were all concerned.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Mark
Old 11th Mar 2014, 12:29 pm   #27
threeseven
Octode

Very relieved to hear you're ok Mike. Wishing you the very best.
Old 11th Mar 2014, 5:51 pm   #28
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Thank you for posting Mike, and I'm really pleased to hear you are feeling better. I hope the doctors appointment today went well too.

It seems that the identity of the kind gentleman who helped you is still a mystery. Hopefully he has or will see your comments here even if he decides not to identify himself.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread