UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Oct 2018, 9:33 am   #1
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Hunts CRB Bridge - Annotated circuit

There was a recent request in a now closed wanted thread, for a copy of the Hunts CRB and a copy was duly uploaded. However, for some odd reason, though Hunts included the circuit in the manual, rather unhelpfully, it had no markings as to the values of resistors and capacitors.

Some time ago I came across a copy of the circuit on which hand-written values had been added, so I cleaned the circuit up a bit, removing the handwriting and added printed values. I don't have a CRB so can't confirm whether the values are correct, but for what it's worth, I've attached the circuit that I annotated, which might be of help to someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunts CRB Circuit annotated with values.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	171567  
Old 26th Oct 2018, 10:09 am   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Hunts CRB Bridge - Annotated circuit

Ron Bryan did a full schematic for the Hunts CRB in Post#1 in the link below showing the rectifier connected the correct way round (in modern terms) complete with some voltage measurements and all the component values:

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=141358

Lawrence.
Old 26th Oct 2018, 2:04 pm   #3
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Hunts CRB Bridge - Annotated circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms660 View Post
Ron Bryan did a full schematic for the Hunts CRB in Post#1 in the link below showing the rectifier connected the correct way round (in modern terms) complete with some voltage measurements and all the component values:

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=141358

Lawrence.
Well spotted Lawrence, and well done to Ron for his efforts. Looking at that thread, I even posted to it, so I ought to have recalled it. An intellectual interlude AKA 'senior moment'. The more senior I get, the more regular are the occurrences of these lapses.

Last edited by David G4EBT; 26th Oct 2018 at 2:16 pm.
Closed Thread