UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jan 2020, 1:24 pm   #1
WME_bill
Octode

Default Scopex 4D10 versions.

I have been corresponding with Chris55000 about Scopex 4D10 oscilloscopes.
There were quite a lot of variants of this, an early single board servicing grade scope. Badge engineered and sold by Avo, RS and others.
I had posted a manual in the past apparently with the wrong version circuit diagrams.
The tube fitted seems to have varied with the supply and price situation- Brimar D10-230, Philips D10-363, TFK D10-260, Mullard D10-160.
So I attach the circuit and PCB layouts for the 4D10 and 4D10A versions to clear up any confusion. Chris has the 4D10B, and so I hope he will post that as well.
wme_bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4D10 circuit-wm.pdf (888.1 KB, 117 views)
File Type: pdf 4D10A circuit-wm..pdf (889.6 KB, 89 views)
Old 8th Jan 2020, 5:44 pm   #2
Refugee
Dekatron

Default Re: Scopex 4D10 versions.

Back in the 1980s I had a 4D10RM.
It had a rack mount front panel. It is long gone now.
Old 8th Jan 2020, 11:46 pm   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

The 4D10B manual is 9.4MB, much too large to upload directly but a copy is available from my Dropbox!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddo1432tq4...4D10B.pdf?dl=0

If any Member happens to have the black–fronted 4D10B, and can spare the time to open it, could they post a clear picture of R116, C104 & CV101 in the Y amplifier final stage please?

Scopex's draughtsman missed their values off the circuit diagrams and they never provided a backup parts list in their manuals!

I don't want to have to go and buy a 4D10B just to get the value of three components!

Chris Williams
Old 9th Jan 2020, 5:52 pm   #4
boxdoctor
Rest in Peace

I'm still using the 4D10A (with a specially ordered long persistance tube) that was purchased in 1977 (?) for the company that I worked for, as my main 'scope (Philips PM3327) is currently non functional.
The Scopex has only needed internal attention once.
Not the bright, pin-sharp trace and bandwidth of the Philips, but it does for the jobs that I do these days!
Glad I didn't throw it out, saved the day in the end...
Thanks for the circuits, chaps, the manual for mine got junked, not by me, when the firm closed some years ago. Tony.
Closed Thread