UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 7th Nov 2019, 6:12 pm   #1
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Halfords screwdrivers set £6

Ordered click and collect last night, picked up this morning. Set of 8,. 4 flat blade, 4 pozi (not everyone's choice, i know). This is my second set in 2 or 3 years. This one is for indoors workshop. £6 for the 8, with lifetime guarantee. I have put the receipt in a very safe place, just in case!
Don't know when offer ends though.
https://www.halfords.com/workshop-to...crewdriver-set

Rob
Old 7th Nov 2019, 6:17 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Halfords screwdrivers set £6

I have two sets of these. The red handled flat bladed ones are very good, but the yellow handled pozi-drive ones have a habit of snapping the splines at the business end. They're way too brittle for my liking.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 7th Nov 2019, 6:23 pm   #3
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Graham, that is why i keep the receipt! Just in case. Must say, never had a problem and they are often used.
I think the original PO / BT ones, (of which I have an assortment) take some beating.
Rob
Old 10th Nov 2019, 10:35 pm   #4
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

I have a NOS BT/PO set of tools.
Old 10th Nov 2019, 11:57 pm   #5
Outrun_uk
Heptode

I’ve found the Halfords Advanced tools to be pretty good as I had to replace my entire car toolkit after it was stolen a few years ago. The screwdrivers and socket sets usually go on offer a couple of times a year, well worth picking up when they are reduced.
Closed Thread