UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Apr 2011, 12:45 am   #61
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Default Re: 2011 Scottish Meet

Hi Neil, It's a shame you can't make the journey. I have also been looking out some stuff to dispose of, a couple of hifi systems, television magazines, some components, loads of video spares and ic's I will never use, cables and anything else I can find in between now and the 8th of May. I look forward to seeing you all and if anyone else is intereted in attending please get in touch. Best regards, Norman
Old 24th Apr 2011, 3:37 pm   #62
neil29
Heptode

Hi Norman. ive just looked at the AA website and its telling me that you are about 425 miles away from where i am. so there and back would be around 850 miles give or take a few detours down the wrong road as usually happens when im day dreaming/driving. cheers neil.
Old 24th Apr 2011, 9:53 pm   #63
kalee99
Rest in Peace

Thumbs up Re: 2011 Scottish Meet

Hi All,
I will be going but sadly not bringing one of my famous Chocolate cakes
But will have lots of cheap pre war sets in the car + some mystery stuff if i can dig my way to it through this pile of old Green round Ekco's going to the tip
Looking forward to meeting as many fellow enthusiasts as possible. Can I ask what time is "kick off" please?
Thanks,
Paul.
Old 24th Apr 2011, 10:27 pm   #64
murphyv310
Dekatron

Great Paul,
pity about the Chocolate cake, you may fade away completely, then we would never find you
Old 25th Apr 2011, 11:28 am   #65
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Hi Paul, Kick off time is anytime after 9.00 am till whenever, it is good news that you will manage to come. Please bring anything you want rid off and hopefully there will be some takers. Regards, Norman
Old 25th Apr 2011, 12:34 pm   #66
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Hi Norman,sent a PM but have heard no more.

Regards David
Old 25th Apr 2011, 1:40 pm   #67
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Hi David, I did type up a reply but hasn't gone for some reason (me and computers) please accept my apologies. PM sent. Norman
Old 25th Apr 2011, 3:18 pm   #68
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Be warned! I shall be bringing several boxes old "Practical" (and similar) magazines that I shall try to sneak into other people's cars. I shall also have a few other leftovers from the B&B at Golborne of which I would like to dispose.

I need to dispose of most of the above, so that I have room for the items I've arranged to collect for others as well as for myself.
Old 26th Apr 2011, 7:29 pm   #69
David Simpson
Nonode

Hello Norman,
Are you wanting folk to fetch down their own trestle/folding tables to display their wares ?
I've heaps of Test Eq. to part with. Mainly 20MHz D/B scopes, 30V DC PSU's, Tran./Valve Voltmeters, AVO's, and a lovely old Marconi CT394B(TF801B) VHF/UHF Sig.Gen.

Regards, David
Old 26th Apr 2011, 8:14 pm   #70
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

hi David, You can if you want bring down a table etc. I will try to organize things at this end with wooden battens with boards on them as that is what is lying around. I can get some stuff inside the workshop if the weather is against us. I look forward to seeing you on the day, regards. Norman
Old 27th Apr 2011, 3:39 pm   #71
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I seem to recall boxes (and loose piles) of stuff covering Trevor's back garden last year - with the more important items being rushed under cover when the rains (inevitably) fell.

Plastic sheeting might also be useful to bring for any items that might struggle to cope with a wetting.

I look forward to an enjoyable day.
Old 28th Apr 2011, 10:27 am   #72
kalee99
Rest in Peace

Smile Re: 2011 Scottish Meet

Hi all,
amongst the stuff I am bringing will be a very nice Codar CR66 (the very rare one). Also a very good valve tester. First at the back of my car gets the best stuff
Paul.
Old 28th Apr 2011, 7:22 pm   #73
murphyv310
Dekatron

A Codar CR66, I will need to put Super Unleaded in the Doblo I think as you are an earlybird!
Old 28th Apr 2011, 10:10 pm   #74
kalee99
Rest in Peace

Yes I will indeed be early to the doo
The CR66 is fully working and in excellent condition
Paul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
A Codar CR66, I will need to put Super Unleaded in the Doblo I think as you are an earlybird!
Old 2nd May 2011, 2:32 pm   #75
murphyv310
Dekatron

I certainly would like to have first refusal on it Paul!
Old 2nd May 2011, 4:36 pm   #76
kalee99
Rest in Peace

Hi Trevor,
You mean the little CR66? It is the kit version, but has been built by someone who knew how to solder and wire up neatly! I got it from a silent key sale. I will keep it in the car boot until you arrive and have a look Cannot say fairer than that
Paul.
Old 3rd May 2011, 9:24 pm   #77
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Hi All, Only a few days to the Scottish Meet, we will be providing food and refreshments. There will be rolls, homemade soup, a buffet style lunch, cakes etc. If anyone has special dietry requirements please let me know. We still have room for a few more folk if anyone else is interested. See you on Sunday. Norman
Old 5th May 2011, 11:41 pm   #78
retroaudio
Pentode

Hi on Sunday I will be bringing a box of mixed 78s with me if anyone is interested. I have a post-war Cossor Console radio which will be free of charge as its quite scratched and has woodworm damage. Chassis is good. Its bulky so i will only bring it if someone expresses an interest even if its just for spares. have a garrard 78 only turn table which is FOC which i can bring. Also a tatty GEC superhet 8 which is fit for spares. If anyone is looking for anything in particular drop me a PM as like everyone else I have had a bit of a clear out I have found some turntables and 40s/50s radios in various states which may be useful to someone. Not much in the TV line I am afraid . A Couple of battery portable radios as well which will be FOC

Alex
Old 7th May 2011, 12:05 pm   #79
murphyv310
Dekatron

Hi.
The car is loaded up ready to go, there is a JVC sphere for 60oldjohn, two T-vettes for Steve-p, some turntables, radios, and odd and ends. All free, I will be bringing other stuff back so this must all be taken, if not poor old Norman is going to get some more projects!
See you all tomorrow.
Old 7th May 2011, 4:08 pm   #80
Ken
Hexode

Hi All

I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow. See you all there.

Regards,

Ken.
Closed Thread