UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Mar 2018, 7:31 pm   #141
space_charged
Hexode

Default Re: Don't try this at home

Re the type of glass used in vintage CRTs, yes this is a big problem. Not only do you need somebody who can work with older types of glass but also able to join a modern gun with its modern glass base to vintage glass.

I have a very old CRT myself, alas full of gas so not working, but it has obviously been re-gunned at some time. You can see what looks like more than one join, so I'm guessing that several different short tubes of different types of glass were welded between the new gun and the old glass.

Last edited by space_charged; 12th Mar 2018 at 7:45 pm. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread