UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Nov 2017, 4:29 pm   #1
supershed
Retired Dormant Member

Default Rapitest (2000) DM25 Multimeter

Hi to one & all,

I found this forum after Googling for general review info on an early model DM25 multimeter which I've just rediscovered after more than ten years 'lost' my dads garage. It's still in the original box with leads & manual. The only date I can see written on anything at all, is on the base of the battery, expiry date
Feb 2005.

(The original thread I came across being here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=116117 )

After I'd put a new battery in it yesterday, the meter still works fine. In answer to the old thread above, I've made and attached a pdf of the original instruction booklet that came with the meter for anyone who wants it. It's nothing exciting! And neither is the quality of soldering on the circuit board, as you can see in the pics! But hey, it works. I've swapped the glass 2A fuse for a ceramic while its open.

The Rapitest DM25 meter uses a Mastech MY60 circuit board, evident in the pics I've attached. Page 20 of the original Rapitest instruction booklet also eludes to the Mastech MY60 test leads, which are the ones originally included with the DM25.

The Rapitest & Mastech are very similar meters, albeit wearing different clothes. The Mastech instruction manual is more comprehensive than the Rapitest effort, so for further info I've attached that as well.

Hope these are of use to someone.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	151851   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	151852   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	151853  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RapitestDM25Manual..pdf (1.10 MB, 453 views)
File Type: pdf MastechMY60Manual.pdf (197.5 KB, 163 views)
Closed Thread