UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Sep 2006, 9:05 pm   #1
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony AVC-3200/AVF-3200 Camera/Viewfinder Manual/Schematic/Info Required

Hi,

I shall eventually have in my possession a 1970 Sony AVC-3200 camera with AVF-3200 viewfinder. Would anyone happen to have a service manual for them which I could borrow/scan/buy etc.?

Some info here including scans of the user manuals.

The exact model number of the one I've won (eBay, 15 quid, not bad...) is AVC-3200CE - I'd guess the "CE" suffix relates to the TV standard and mains voltage it's designed for.

Information is needed as I'm hoping that, this being discrete component and using a vidicon tube it may prove modifiable for 405-line. Though even if it isn't, it's still a nice old bit of television technology for my collection

Regards, Kat
Old 24th Sep 2006, 11:56 pm   #2
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Sony AVC-3200/AVF-3200 Camera/Viewfinder Manual/Schematic/Info Required

Hi again,

The screenshots here seem to demonstrate it's capable of pretty good results, provided it's not aimed at the sun...

I've found a source of manuals both genuine 'treeware' and in pdf format for a modest number of old telly vouchers; however 'free' is my favourite price hence asking here first...

Oh, and does anyone know of a source of vidicon tubes? It might be good to get hold of a NOS spare irrespective of the condition of the one in the camera.

Regards, Kat

Last edited by Kat Manton; 25th Sep 2006 at 12:02 am.
Old 25th Sep 2006, 12:06 am   #3
paulsherwin

Default Re: Sony AVC-3200/AVF-3200 Camera/Viewfinder Manual/Schematic/Info Required

There must be quite a few of these in existence. They were a popular semipro TV camera in the early 70s, widely used in education and the corporate world. My sixth form college (equipped and opened 1970) had a pair with a primitive crossfader which were hooked up to a Sony reel-to-reel B&W video recorder.

Asking for info on uk.tech.broadcast may yield results.

Good luck with the conversion.

Paul
Old 25th Sep 2006, 12:29 am   #4
tvden
Retired Dormant Member

I think Darius converted one of these for 405 line there may even be a thread on it, I have one but have yet to do anything with it
Closed Thread