UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Sep 2018, 7:38 am   #21
GSBX1220
Pentode

Default Re: Telephone style microphone ID req

Hi

Yes, the consensus was that although the audio was a bit toppy and nasally, it was very easy to copy. I suppose that what counts in the commercial world. I suppose it would do quite well in poor signal situations, and due to this it may be ex military as pointed out above.
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 12:05 pm   #22
Richard - F4VPR
Triode

I wonder if this bit of background and some useful data sheets might help a little.
http://www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic7200/mic.html

R.
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 10:27 am   #23
GSBX1220
Pentode

Thanks for posting that link. I enjoyed reading that.

Yes, my audio report using that insert ties in with that article. I suppose those inserts would work very well in low signal conditions and possibly good for cutting through contest pile ups.

There seems to be a very heathy market in high end mics for the amateur market sold by shure, heil & bose. Look very fancy and more at home in a broadcast studio. Also fancy prices to boot! I wonder if this is the ham radio version of HiFi speaker cable and interconnect cable nonsense.