UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 13th Mar 2022, 7:35 pm   #1
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Auction of Garrard turntables...

Seen in the local paper;p might be of intertest to the audiophiles amongst us:

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/n...ecord-players/
Old 16th Mar 2022, 1:57 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Auction of Garrard turntables...

Looks like an interesting story behind the on-line sale [ending [20/3/22]. The current owner doesn't seem to expect high prices just somewhere for them to go [that isn't a skip ]. It night be Might be worth [no pun intended] anyone nearby checking it out. Perhaps it's me but the Wessex Auctions site didn't appear to say where it is, ie Chippenham, Bath.

Dave W
Old 16th Mar 2022, 5:38 pm   #3
slidertogrid
Octode

The news article quotes the auction house being in Draycot Cerne near Chippenham.
Old 21st Mar 2022, 8:11 pm   #4
Top Cap
Octode

Well I bagged LOT 3 which I hope to pick up tomorrow (22nd March). I only wanted the LAB80 and single player BA1 for spares. The other decks are free to anyone who can pick them up from Watford, I am just off junction 5 of the M1.
The decks are Model 210, AT6 Mk.II and model RC70B.
I have no idea of condition, the LAB80 looks rough but I have a chassis from the USA with a 115V motor and 60Hz pulley so I need the deck for spares to get this going.