UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2022, 4:26 pm   #1
vintage_8bit
Heptode

Default AVO VCM Mk III test procedure. DDT.

I have an AVO VCM MK III.

My question concerns the testing of double diode triodes.

After testing the triode & finishing off with the gas test its the turn of the two diodes. So I am wondering if the next part of the procedure below is safe & correct, keeping the VCM powered whilst doing so.

The manual quotes turn to test & for signal diodes use the D/R "1" range on the meter switch.

With the electrode selector still at A1 position & meter showing the triode anode current. Is it now ok to go from "100 Ia" position through the D/R ranges from "180" down to the "1" position. Then selecting D1 & then D2 with the electrode selector switch for the reading. Colin.
Closed Thread