UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2022, 4:00 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Beware of Missing Pages in Service Manuals!

Can I ask every Member who downloads or buys a pdf service manual to check it carefully on receipt of the purchased link from the seller, or when the Download finishes, please?

I'm finding quite a number where parts lists and even the important circuit diagrams are incomplete – the latest example I've just come across is the Service Manual for the Philips PM3267 Oscilloscope, this is missing seven pages from the parts list and six of the diagrams in Section 7 – Pages 131/132 and 141-145 are missing and so are Figs 7.1 to Figs 7.6 are also completely missing from all the downloaded copies I can find, and there's no way of retrieving this missing information except by reverse–engineering another PM3267 Oscilloscope, and importing a PM3267 original book from the States is well into three figures, much more than I consider worthwhile!

The Tektronix 465B is another notorious example, missing Diagrams 4, 6, 9 and 10 with all their waveforms and component location tables – I had to request these of other Members as paper originals seem to be virtually extinct!

I am writing up Chapter 244 of my T & M Theory and Repair Book that deals specifically with this topic, but in the meantime, if any Members know of any Philips Oscilloscopes that are sufficently identical internally between two or three models for one manual to help provide missing information for the other, could they post here please?

(I would also be interested to read other Members's experiences with incomplete s.m.'s by the way!)

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 10th May 2022 at 4:21 pm.
Old 10th May 2022, 6:57 pm   #2
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: Beware of Missing Pages in Service Manuals!

Chris
Missing pages. Often seem to be where there is a folded page, and the person/machine scanning did not open the fold out. Untrained operator, or brute force machine. Some of the manuals in the HP archive quite disgracefully are done this carelessly. And the Gould 1604 where double sided pages were passed through the scanner doing one side only (That one I have the missing pages).
PM3267. I can offer you:
pages 7.24 &5 =sheet 131-2
pages 7.34,fig 7.7,pages 7.40-41 = sheets 141-5
pages 7.1 to 7.6, sheets 111-2. Figs 7.1-2 and 7.5-6.
I am missing figs 7.3 & 7.4. I made the copies hurriedly 20 years ago, and obviously missed that one page.
I give both the page numbers in the service manual and the pdf page numbers, as your version may be different. When you confirm these are what is wanted, I'll extract copies.
wme-bill

Last edited by WME_bill; 10th May 2022 at 7:09 pm.
Old 11th May 2022, 3:07 pm   #3
veedub565
Tetrode

Hi Chris, I have access to a hardcopy of the service manual for this. it has all the pages you need including figs 7.3 & 7.4

**edit**
I've scanned and attached figs 7.3 & 7.4 if Bill has the rest of the missing pages already in pdf format that'll be easier than me scanning the rest of the pages from a hardcopy. I will if that helps though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fig7-3_7-4.pdf (91.0 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by veedub565; 11th May 2022 at 3:18 pm.
Old 12th May 2022, 9:46 am   #4
WME_bill
Octode

Thanks to Veedub565 for the missing figs page. The other pgaes are already in pdf. Bill
Closed Thread