UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Apr 2022, 8:08 pm   #1
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Lincoln Short Wave Club Spring Rally. Sun 10th April

Looking forward to a little jaunt over the Humber Bridge tomorrow to this new Rally at Market Rasen, with my chum forum member '60 Old John' for company, 'riding shotgun'.

Maybe see one or two forum members there who are within range?

We'll have our little badges on.

Lincoln SWC Spring Rally Sunday April 10th 2022:

Festival Hall, Caistor Road, Market Rasen LN8 3HT

Entry fee £2 per person. Doors open 10am 09.30 for disabled. There is ample free car parking, hot & cold refreshments available. Free WiFi on site. The cost of tables is £10 per 6ft table or £8 per 6ft with you have your own tables. To book tables please contact Steve G6TVP on 07777699069 or email g6tvp@outlook.com or Graham M1DHV 07772878266 or email graham@johnturnerphotography.co.uk.

The weather is looking promising.
Old 9th Apr 2022, 9:49 pm   #2
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Lincoln Short Wave Club Spring Rally. Sun 10th April

I'll be there!

Calling in on a mate of mine that lives near Rasen and then we're going together.

Looks like a few folk I that I know will be going.

Maybe see you all there!
Old 10th Apr 2022, 10:49 am   #3
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

At one time I would have seen this and jumped in the car on impulse, but fuel prices being as they are at the moment I can't justify it. So sorry, I won't be at the rally, but... go ahead and have it anyway.
Old 10th Apr 2022, 5:26 pm   #4
Reelman
Octode

As the wife is recovering from her new finger joint, we couldn’t attend our usual venue so I went to the rally. Not bad but a bit small, a chance to chat with familiar vendors though. Didn’t see any of the forum crew…..

Peter
Old 10th Apr 2022, 8:09 pm   #5
Techman
Dekatron

I was there for quite a while looking round and nattering to various people. I didn't spend much and only bought a few little odd bits and pieces, but my mate spent well into three figures for two or three items and was very pleased with what he got. It was a bit of a catch up with one or two folk that I've not seen in quite a while and talking about who passed away recently and what happened etc. - all cheerful stuff! One chap I bumped into who I thought it had been maybe as long as five years since I'd last seen him, but it actually turned out to be nearer eight years - frightening! We were talking to the trader over on the far right hand wall as you go in and he said that he thought it was rather quiet compared with the last one he'd done which was at Hornsea, and he said was heaving by comparison! I was a bit surprised, as I thought the attendance seemed quite good all things considered, although I know that there were a couple of people that had told me that they might be going, but didn't in the end.

I thought that generally a lot of the old second hand stuff was over priced and was still sat there when we left - you have to price stuff to sell if you want rid, otherwise you end up taking it back home again. The valve man was there, but he didn't look like the usual 'Captain Birdseye' chap that I seem to remember - perhaps it was a different valve man? I spent the rest of the afternoon at my mates place just outside the town, drinking tea and testing out his purchases of the day. One unit that I pointed out that had a case screw missing (always a bad sign), I found the reason and the repair that someone had previously done, but it was nothing that would significantly affect the operation of the unit, just a busted end of a ceramic coil former that had been Araldited back together near one of the fixing screws, and not where the actual coil turns were situated, so all's good, fortunately!
Closed Thread