UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Apr 2021, 2:48 pm   #1
stebur1965
Diode

Default Bluetooth injection point on a Roberts RM20

I have a Roberts RM20 which is lovely. The amplifier section works great but the receiver isn't very good. And let's face it, who wants to listen to MW these days?
I want to make a bluetooth conversion but keep it as original as possible, and certainly not chop anything out of it.
Looking at the circuit diagram I think that if I disconnect the C12 end of R14 and inject the output of a bluetooth receiver card between R14 and GND then that will work - injecting it into the amplifier section.
Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RM20 Bluetooth inject.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	232308  

Last edited by Cobaltblue; 21st Apr 2021 at 3:22 pm. Reason: Forum Rule B8
Old 21st Apr 2021, 4:04 pm   #2
Gabe001
Octode

Default Re: Bluetooth injection point on a Roberts RM20

If I were you I'd contact Andy 1964, he did about 3 Roberts BT conversions over the last few months

If memory serves, he simply installed a switched stereo female socket right before volume control, merged L+R via 2 resistors and used an external BT adapter. Plugging a jack into the socket mutes the radio and allows you to listen to your BT stream.

Alternatively, I've seen some good threads here on how to power BT from the radio, but require a bit more work.
Old 21st Apr 2021, 10:24 pm   #3
unitelex
Hexode

Default Re: Bluetooth injection point on a Roberts RM20

The suggested injection point looks ok. Might need additional attenuation to balance with legacy audio level if you are switching from legacy to BT from time to time.
On my BT conversions I have always incorporated the BT internally, it’s more effort but a neater and more convenient end result.
Best Regards
Chris
Closed Thread