UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Apr 2021, 10:27 pm   #1
Skcomplex
Diode

Default What are these?

Hi all,

I have been going through some of my grandfather's items and have come across some items. I cannot work out what they are. Would be really grateful if someone could give a little guidance? I have attached a picture.

Thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9A36B71C-71E4-4C90-8DDC-BC75519BEDC3.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	231864  
Old 15th Apr 2021, 10:42 pm   #2
Restoration73
Nonode

Default Re: What are these?

These are variable inductors type 10K made usually by TOKO of Japan. The actual type
is identified by markings on one side of the case.
Old 15th Apr 2021, 10:44 pm   #3
Skcomplex
Diode

Thank you so much.
Old 15th Apr 2021, 10:49 pm   #4
Radio Wrangler

I don't think they're made any longer, yet they are still in demand, some types more than others, but they all can be re-wound for different purposes. So don't bin them there will be people looking for them.

Dvid
Old 15th Apr 2021, 11:04 pm   #5
turretslug
Dekatron

Hi, thanks for going to the effort of joining and posting, these neat little variable inductors/RF transformers are a classic example of something that gets thrown out by the unenlightened as "bits of old junk" but are actually still a very useful component that's no longer easily available. Some (many?) have bewilderingly complex numbers on them but search engines can often come up with the original intended application and some parameters.

One of them has a label on it that looks a bit like some on Toko-style coils supplied by an outfit called Jabdog that supplies to the amateur market- in fact, similar coils are used in a very popular recent project here, the Mini-Mod pantry transmitter. If you could post details of any identification markings on them, some folk here may be able to provide further details
Closed Thread