UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2006, 9:12 pm   #1
stevew
Retired Dormant Member

Default Non-rechargeable to rechargeable conversion.

My Roberts R25 runs on a 9v dry cell battery and I would like to convert it to run on a rechargable NMH pack.
Would it be best to use a 7 cell 8.4v pack or an 8 cell 9.6v pack? As the cells are 1.2v nominal voltage it is impossible to get the exact 9v.

Regards
SW

Last edited by Darren-UK; 21st Jul 2007 at 2:47 pm. Reason: Title change necessitated post edit.
Old 5th Jun 2006, 9:17 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Roberts R25 question

I would go for 9.6V as they will be able to run down a bit more before the set stops working,

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 12th Jun 2006, 10:09 am   #3
stevew
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Roberts R25 question

Done, now running on 8 x AA cells 2600mah.
Thanks for the info

SW
Closed Thread