UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Aug 2018, 1:31 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Eddie Mair Dearly Departed

I've had a message today from my Beeb source telling me that, instead of departing Radio 4 on the 17th, Eddie Mair took leave and to catch his last program tomorrow! However, the BBC Web Site says he signed off yesterday Wednesday 8th with Morecambe and Wise's "Give Me Sunshine".

Either way, he is one of the funniest dry wits in Broadcasting and print. Every time [ie rarely] they gave him a go at Any Questions or some other Dimbleby Dynasty production, he went down very well-maybe that was the problem? An obvious choice to take over on Question Time I would have thought! He will be sadly missed from PM for his calm, polite but incisive and humorous approach. Now on LBC from September. Let's hope the Beeb have to really crawl to get him back at some point!

Dave
Closed Thread