UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jan 2018, 4:45 pm   #1
Hermit6345
Rest in Peace

Default Philips B5X23A - removal from case!

We cannot get this chassis out of the case. Does anybody out there know the trick? Despite having repaired this radio several years ago - I don't know how the hell I managed to get it out of its case back then.

The reason for the chassis removal is to revisit the on/off switch bodge that I left in situ when I repaired the radio last. The switch does not turn off or on - mainly because some mechanism seems to be missing to move the paxolin actuator. Anybody having repaird similiar, your advice would be greatly apprecialted.

Cheers

Ian.
Old 20th Jan 2018, 5:58 pm   #2
Hermit6345
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Philips B5X23A - removal from case!

OK, the chassis is out now

BUT, the problem has been identified as a missing spring.. It is a small thing, but as it is missing I have no idea what it looks like. Any help identfiying and replacing it would be very helpful.

Please see attachement:

Many thanks

IAN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!cid_53d7fd0f-1f1d-42cb-84b1-22855e760a7c.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	155793  
Closed Thread