UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Sep 2006, 9:02 pm   #1
System A
Pentode

Default GEC BT 302 - picture

Hi here's a picture of my latest TV. I was visiting my friend and he showed me the BVWS DVD of the GEC factory making these sets. I told him I would love one of those sets and he said he had a one in his cellar. His family have had it since new and it even has the instruction book. It had been stored since 1966. At the moment it's getting used to the open air before I fire it up on a variac. Regards, G.P.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image056.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	5544  
Old 19th Sep 2006, 11:07 pm   #2
jay_oldstuff
Octode

Default Re: Gec Bt 302

Just a word of caution.
In the one I am working on at the moment, every single Hunts Moldseal was leaky, S/C or O/C. I would strongly advise at least changing the HT decouplers and coupling caps; running it up on a variac won't reform these and some can go with quite a pop.

Jay