UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Apr 2016, 11:23 am   #281
martinpinner
Hexode

Default Re: Hacker Cavalier Loud Noise

Thanks for your assistance again. I found someone fairly local yesterday who repairs/services vintage audio equipment. I am taking the player to him on Monday for him to assess and hopefully fix. If this is not successful I will accept Maurice's kind offer .In the meantime I will not continue to diagnose the problem. Thanks Martin
Old 8th Apr 2016, 12:11 pm   #282
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Cripes, I thought OMG, it's that 15th page of all these Threads again - but am pleased and relieved to read you are now taking it in to a 3rd party. We hope your Repairer has a good experience of valved equipment and, if so, he will find this really easy to fix and will get sorted for you at long last. For all of our sakes, I hope so... Good luck! Edward
Old 30th Apr 2016, 10:50 am   #283
martinpinner
Hexode

Just to let you know that the player is now working and sounds great. Apparently there was a fault on the Headshell Assy and the Treble control had to be replaced as there was feedback through it.The turntable and playing arm were set up by the repairer and he also congratulated me on the components that I had soldered.Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.Martin
Old 30th Apr 2016, 10:52 am   #284
julie_m
Dekatron

It's always good to hear a successful conclusion to this kind of story.

Enjoy your Hacker!